Accreditation and Licensure
American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learning Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org.
- American InterContinental University is a member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). The Master of Education (MEd) program has been awarded full accreditation by AAQEP through June 30, 2026.
- American InterContinental University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) to offer the following associate degree programs:
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
- American InterContinental University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs to offer the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Accounting (BAcc)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - all specializations
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - all specializations
- Bachelor of Healthcare Management (BHCM) - all specializations
- Master of Healthcare Management (MHCM)
- The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) has acknowledged that the Bachelors of Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resource Management and the Masters of Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resource Management fully aligns with SHRM’s HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. The HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates were developed by SHRM to define the minimum HR content areas that should be studied by HR students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The guidelines, created in 2006 and revalidated in 2010 and 2013, are part of SHRM’s Academic Initiative to define HR education standards taught in university business schools and help universities develop degree programs that follow these standards.
- AIU Atlanta are approved by the State of Georgia to operate by the Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (NPEC): 2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220, Tucker, GA 30084-5305.
- AIU Online is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education to grant degrees.
- AIU Houston is authorized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to offer degrees and courses leading to degrees in Texas.