Mission and Purposes
AIU Mission Statement
American InterContinental University’s mission is to provide for the varying educational needs of a career-oriented, culturally diverse and geographically dispersed student body with the goal of preparing students academically, personally, and professionally.
Philosophy and Purpose of the University
AIU has campus locations in Atlanta, GA and Houston, TX. The Online or main campus is located in northwest suburban Chicago, IL. Founded as the American College in 1970, AIU provides Associate, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees in a campus environment and online.
The University community believes it has a special commitment to support each individual’s goals. To this end, the University places emphasis on the educational, professional, and personal growth of each student. Programs, policies, and activities, which have been designed to implement this philosophy and purpose statement, are evaluated periodically and changed, as necessary, to meet the needs of the student body and the institution.
AIU, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for international education.
Purpose-Related Goals of the University
In support of its philosophy and mission, AIU’s goals are as follows:
- To enable students from diverse cultures and backgrounds to achieve personal and professional goals.
- To provide academic programs, services, facilities, and technologies that support student learning and contribute to students’ intellectual development and personal growth.
- To foster the development of critical thinking and lifelong learning skills.
- To instill the importance of ethical behavior, responsibility, and professional standards.
- To retain a diverse faculty comprised of experienced, qualified educators with industry-current expertise.
- To guide students in preparing for and achieving future success.