AIU International Scholarship
(Atlanta and Houston)
The AIU International Scholarship is awarded to incoming international students whose academic record is considered worthy of recognition. The scholarship award can be up to $3,000 over two academic years and is to be used toward tuition and fees for study in any bachelor degree program. The scholarship will be disbursed proportionately throughout the length of the program.
To be eligible for the AIU International Scholarship, candidates must:
- apply and be accepted for admission to AIU.
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (or its international equivalent) from either high school/secondary school or college. International institutions must be licensed or officially recognized by the Education Department or Ministry of the country where the institution is in operation to be eligible. Because AIU follows strict policies concerning academic integrity, international students with foreign credentials must submit authentic foreign academic documents. Evidence of valid foreign educational credentials can be from a University approved foreign credential evaluation agency.
- be defined as an international student. Students planning to attend a domestic United States campus must submit a completed I-20 form with their Application for Admission to support the issuance of their student visa.
- be enrolled as a full-time student at AIU.
- submit essay with application.
Disbursement of scholarship funds will commence during the first academic quarter and continue to be disbursed in equal amounts over the next 5 academic quarters. In order to maintain eligibility, scholarship recipients must continue to meet all AIU academic standards and policies as a matriculating student.
The scholarship is non-transferable and non-substitutable. No portion is refundable. No cash payments will be awarded to the student. The number of scholarships awarded will vary depending on the number of applicants and the availability of funds. The AIU International Scholarship can only be combined with the following grant/scholarship: Educational Alliances Grant. Should a student qualify for more than one grant/scholarship, the Financial Aid Office will award the combination of grants/scholarships which will be of the greatest benefit to the student.
Interested candidates should contact the Financial Aid Office for application information.