AIU Academic Progress Scholarship
(Atlanta Campus Only)
Fashion Design and Media Programs Only
The scholarships that relate to specific degree programs and that are in honor of certain individuals are as follows:
- Fashion Design, in honor of William Travilla
- Media Production, in honor of Scott Wallace
The purpose of the AIU Academic Progress Scholarship is to recognize outstanding students who are about to enter their final 60 credit hours of study at AIU and who have demonstrated leadership potential, academic promise, and achievement in their respective Baccalaureate Degree Program. The scholarship award can be up to $3,000 and is to be used toward tuition and fees. The scholarship award will be disbursed by the University equally over three (3) academic quarters for full-time students. The scholarship award will be disbursed by the University over five (5) academic quarters for part-time students (11 credit hours or less.)
To be eligible for the AIU Academic Progress Scholarship, candidates must:
- have completed a minimum of 120 credit hours.
- have earned a minimum of 60 credit hours at the AIU campus where the award is being presented.
- maintain a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA or better while receiving the scholarship.
- show promise in their field of study.
- be recommended by a member of the University faculty through a letter of recommendation.
- enrolled in Fashion Design or Media Production program.
Disbursement of scholarship funds will commence during the first academic quarter of a student’s remaining 60 credit hours of study and continue to be disbursed in equal amounts over the next two (2) academic quarters for full-time students and over the next four (4) academic quarters for part-time students. In order to maintain eligibility, scholarship recipients must continue to meet all AIU academic standards and policies as a matriculating student.
The scholarship is non-transferable and non-substitutable and cannot be combined with the AIU Success Grant. No portion is refundable. No cash payments will be awarded to the student.
Interested candidates should contact the Financial Aid Office for application information.