Alumni Referral Scholarship
Alumni often look back at their American InterContinental University (AIU) experiences as some of the most fulfilling and memorable of their lives. AIU has established the Alumni Referral Scholarship as a way to recognize AIU Alumni and benefit their newly referred students. Now, someone you know can have the opportunity for the same experience and receive a $1,000 scholarship once all below conditions have been met.
Alumni referring new students who successfully follow and complete all following conditions below will:
- Have a scholarship in their name awarded to that new student (example John Smith Alumni Scholarship),
- be featured on the AIU marketing site (aiuniv.edu),
- be featured in AIU Ink (Alumni Magazine), and
- receive a certificate of honor confirming that their scholarship has been given to a new AIU student.
All recognition pieces will be given to the referring Alumni after the student has successfully completed the first quarter of enrollment and achieved initial eligibility for the scholarship.
The referred new student will receive up to a $1,000 scholarship awarded in even increments over two academic terms and applied to each subsequent academic session so long as all following conditions continue to be met.
The conditions are as follows:
- The Alumni Referral Scholarship must be used exclusively towards future program charges.
- Any graduate of AIU may refer a new student (not excluding CEC employees) for the Alumni Referral Scholarship by filling out the referral form located at: https://www.aiuniv.edu/Student-Life/Refer-a-Friend.
- For the purposes of this program, the 365-day period begins on the date the first portion of any scholarship has been awarded.
- The Alumni Referral Scholarship recipient must be a full-time student who has never been enrolled with AIU prior to his or her referral to AIU.
- Candidates for the Alumni Referral Scholarship must apply and be accepted into the University to be eligible for this scholarship.
- The new student must meet the points below to be and remain eligible for the Alumni Referral Scholarship:
- Full quarter (two sessions) must be completed.
- Student must meet satisfactory academic progress (SAP) within the completed quarter and thereafter to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- The Alumni Referral Scholarship applies to all AIU Campuses (Atlanta, Houston, and Online).
- Students are eligible for additional financial aid if they qualify.
- All above conditions must be filled in order to receive the scholarship.