AIU Military Spouse Grant
AIU has established a grant up to 10%* for all spouses of active duty and drilling members of the U.S. military to assist in providing the opportunity to attend a degree program of study at AIU. To be eligible for the AIU Military Spouse Grant, a candidate must be accepted for admission to the University, allow for the verification of their spouse’s military status and complete the AIU Military Spouse Grant Attestation form.
The conditions are as follows:
- The AIU Military Spouse Grant is used exclusively towards prior or current program charges.
- The grant is awarded proportionately over each applicable academic year and the grant percentage will be applied to the academic year tuition costs.
- Qualifying students are spouses of active duty and drilling members of the U.S. military.
- Candidates must apply and be accepted for admission to the University to be eligible to receive the grant.
- All grants are applied as a credit to the student’s account, and no cash payments will be awarded to the student.
- Students selected for membership verification must provide documentation before the grant is applied.
- All of the conditions must be fulfilled before the grant can be disbursed.
* The grant amount, combined with all other sources of aid available to the student (federal/state financial aid grants and loan funds, military benefits, private alternative loans, employer tuition reimbursement etc.) may not exceed the total tuition cost for the academic year. In instances where this occurs, the grant will be reduced accordingly.
* Students utilizing the Chapter 33 Post 9/11® benefits are ineligible to receive this grant.
The grant is non-transferable and non-substitutable and cannot be combined with the following institutional grants: AIU Veterans Grant, AIU Corporate/Academic Educational Alliances Grant or AIU Lifelong Learning Grant. The grant with the greatest benefit to the student will be applied.
Interested candidates should contact the AIU Financial Aid Office for additional application information.
Note: The AIU Military Spouse Grant funding is limited. If funding for the AIU Military Spouse Grant is exhausted, otherwise eligible students may not be awarded the grant.